JJ, others save 16-year-old boy battling acid burns
Andy and his 71-year old dad at the hospital
Former President Jerry John Rawlings has donated GH₵5,000 to the 16-year-old boy who was bathed in acid by a tenant of his dad's house.
The money is to help cushion the cost of medical bills accrued at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra for his treatment.
Andy Dodoo sustained severe acid burns after a tenant, Suleman Yuguda poured the corrosive substance on him, following a misunderstanding with his father.
Three others also suffered other forms of injuries after the suspect poured the corrosive substance on them.
Although the three others have been treated and discharged, Andy and his father are still on admission at the hospital due to the severity of their injuries.
Since Andy's ordeal came to light after Joy News’ Beatrice Adu paid him a visit at the hospital, many benevolent Ghanaians have donated sums of money to cater for his hospital bills with ex-President Rawlings being the latest to donate.
The principal, lecturers as well as nursing students from the College of Health Sciences at the Korle Bu Teaching hospital have also donated some GH¢7,000 to the victim and his family.
One other person who wishes to remain anonymous also donated GH¢3,000.